Barely enough room for nut??

Hey guys- working on the mechanical components of my flux- running into an issue here w the amount of threading going into the rear axle- here’s a photo of front vs back- any thoughts?? Should I just drop some thread locker on here and hope for the best? I don’t feel like it’s too secure

I’ve shown a photo of front vs rear

Yeah that’s not safe. Looks like you ran out of room, do you have a lot of spacer washers on the rear axles?

3 Likes

Another view for comparison w the nut off just adjacent to the bolt

I have a few spacers on the inside so the pulley won’t grind against the mount

Using matrix oil slicks, all terrain creations motor mounts and 8 inch wheels w rockstars. Thanks everyone

Why is the back different from the front?

1 Like

Looks like I can get away w 2 washers on this side as opposed to three:

Bc of the mandated space between the motor mount

1 Like

More pictures please. What mounts and what pulleys?

1 Like

Atc motor mounts (still need to drop the motors in) and 68T electric board solution pulleys

I have 72 t ATC which seem a little less wide… maybe I’ll drop those on instead

2 Likes

You do have speedrings on the inner and outside bearings right?
My advice would be to just file down the crossbars if you can… Its not safe to have the nuts on as they were shown. You could in the second image reverse the nut so the nylock part goes on first, that would make it safe

2 Likes

Do you have spacers between the wheel pulley and the hub, or are they just that wide?

@ATC

I had a set of these mounts with rockstar twos and matrix 2s and they fit perfectly, but I had the 72t wheel pulley from MBS, not ATC.

I had three spacers on the inside, then made it two- nothing on the outside- going to revamp now and see what it looks like- will update shortly

1 Like

Are your bearings pressed in all the way?

Yeahs dude.
You will need to use the atc pulley.

Or shorten all the cross bars.

You have idlers on the mounts. So you will be ok with just 15mm belts.

2 Likes

I had this same issue with mine. I was using the lacroix motor mounts with fivestar hubs. I could not find a pulley that was skinny enough to work, so I 3d printed my own. I modified this https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3932609
I used riprapper carbon-fiber infused nylon and they have held up for over 2000 miles now with little signs of wear.
Its not the easiest solution, but it works.

Instant fix when I popped on the 72T ATC’s

2 Likes

Also, my boy accro said he didn’t use speed rings on the inside- so, fuck it- I’ll pass on them too??

3 Likes

2 Likes

@poloace

Share more pics of the mounts dude.

@monsterbuilder

Peep the flux with the big atc mounts

1 Like

Those mounts are sex

Should’ve kept mine, but gear drive was calling me :joy:

1 Like