Banned topics at Esk8 news

Hey guys, total noob here : are there any topics that are taboo or completely shunned upon regarding esk8ing of course… like the most annoying persistently recurring question no decent esk8er should ever ask? Or words or phrase? Stuff like “totally radical dude”, or “mondo to the max” kind of stuff? Just wondering!

Not really as long as you’re civil about it and keep on topic.

If it’s something important you would like serious answers to, a good idea is adding the [serious] tag to the title to help keep the replies in check.

5 Likes

There’s one HUGE “oh no you didn’t” topic if you really want to know. I can provide an example.

2 Likes

Do it!

2 Likes

26 Likes

j/k. Really, just common sense stuff applies.Try to keep it to esk8-related, if only tangential. We try to keep from having too many non-topical threads here.

8 Likes

:joy: lmao

2 Likes

What is common anymore?

1 Like

Like Derail Jail in common sense?

2 Likes

Derail jail is my hood

16 Likes

Not political, unless it applies to esk8. Not racial, sexist, designed to provoke/cause issues, nothing that calls out another user that can’t be handled in a private message. That sort of thing.

6 Likes

Kellag is that one guy from school who you always assumed would have been killed for his bravado, yet somehow gets away with it all.

11 Likes

@BillGordon is totally mondo to the radical max dude. He would never shun those words

3 Likes

I guess the only real thing I can think of is vendor bashing.

IE: don’t start a public thread shaming a vendor for undelivered/shit parts. If you have beef with 'em, talk to them in private and use all available resources. Heck, even inviting a couple members to PM to ask for help on what to do is a good idea if you’re out of options. Just don’t burn down the house when your shipping label takes longer than expected to be created.

If you have done everything you can and still can’t get it resolved, Paypal refunds are there for you if you need it. If they really fucked you over after all this, then maybe start a thread to forewarn others, but I’d ask a mod for their thoughts if it’'s applicable first because too many times people have started useless threads over vendor unreliability.

5 Likes

Totally rad! Is now a cringe phrase… I believe

1 Like

can’t post “private” texts as supporting evidence of theft by vendors

1 Like

I must confess to feeling gnarly at times.

3 Likes

Fuccckin tuuuubular, man

4 Likes

Yes in all seriousness I believe the power of the forum(s) have brought down giants like “ener…”.?

2 Likes

This is mostly spot on. Damon had a great post outlining this I’m trying to find. Will update below.

Here’s what he said:

That is the biggest difference between how our forum handles things and the old forum.

9 Likes