Backfire new battery

What do you guys think of this battery backfire is using? Good or na? Not interested in the board, but just wondering what yall think.

1 Like

Eh. It’s lipos. I expect the board to be very punchy but a much lower battery life than your average liion board.

2 Likes

The BMS makes the “power more precise”?
What does that even mean?

Well, it means absolutely nothing. It’s a nonsensical statement. I’m just curious what they are trying to get us to believe it means.

5 Likes

They tell us almost nothing about that pack and show us nothing. There’s not too much we can say about it except debate the numbers (which we don’t know if are accurate or not). :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

tenor (6)

2 Likes

so the bms will cut off right after u drain that 0.0001a more than what the bms is design to do cont.

that’s what they call precise

5 Likes

O.O as a former lipo user I would avoid using them they last around 6-8months before needing replacement. Even when not using them.

i think my almost 3 year old lipos disagree.

1 Like

Maybe those are well maintained and storage charged. I see no such function on this yet?

I would surely hope that the BMS on this is maintaining them well

However I do agree if you let lipos sit at full charge for too long you can have worse results than with round liion cells

1 Like

Even at full discharge they have issues that’s what happened to mine left it discharged for a month and next run they puffed.

I’m not going to point fingers but it is possible some other factors might be at play there

I have 3 year old lipos that I didn’t take super good care of and they are barely puffed at all

What do you mean by puffed?

They kind of balloon a bit still usable but slightly more dangerous.

grafik

3 Likes

One or more compounds inside the cells starts decomposing due to low quality materials, contamination, or abuse. This creates extra gas that literally causes the cells to puff up, as @xsynatic’s photo shows. It indicates that the cell is damaged and, IMO, should not be used again.

2 Likes

The guy talks about SOC but calls it power because he doesn’t know better. The bms is now intelligent and the SOC (“power”) is presented more precise in the remote display.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Good to see LiPos being offered as an option. Will be interesting to see how it compares in testing and reviews