backfire hammer sledge

not much to say here back this board seems way overpriced compared to other boards with similar specs. 1899$ for the basic model Backfire Hammer Sledge Belt Drive All Terrain Electric Skateboard – Backfire Boards

If you like flexy decks - that deck is one of the best out there. But yeah, for $2k, I’ll build my own.

2 Likes

The spoiler does me in every time :rofl: those looooooong concave pads w handles are pretty sweet tho.

3 Likes

I think the remote looks sick. Tbh i feel like the onlything worth buying is the OG zealot. Great value for a first board.

2 Likes

I mean, its comparable to a board with a 12S4P of molicel P42A if their claimed specs are correct, which means its not actually the worst value. Not a huge deal of options with that kind of battery for much cheaper, especially if you want a flex deck.

Price is a bit steep on it. Spoiler is LOL but otherwise a good looking board. My zealot has been totally problem-free. Remote is cool but I can see myself cracking that screen :woozy_face:

I’m new to eskate, what models would be in similar category to the sledge?

I’d say

Meepo Hurricane
Ownboard Zeus / pro
Backfire hammer (non sledge)
Exway Atlas
B-one titan

Maybe some others which name I don’t bremembrr.

2 Likes

I know the spoiler is obviously a gimmick, what about the other stuff like the rails and fenders?

1 Like

The rails (the deck extensions i assume you mean?) If done properly are really nice. We in the diy space have been using these kinds of wings for a while now.

The fenders might do their job but I’d guess most don’t ride in the wet or don’t trust the boards/companies water-resistance claims so they might be obsolete.

Yeah I meant the deck extentions lol

1 Like

I’m still suspicious of backfire ever since they inflated their claims about battery improvements with the hammer sledge recently.

E: which after 2 weeks they still haven’t fixed.

1 Like

I’m suspicious of every company after seeing the shitshow future motion put out with the onewheel GT.

I guess with backfire we’ll see in a few months how it turns out

1 Like

I think Future Motion is in a it’s own category of bad. Trying to do any work on the electrical system of the GT will brick it. With Backfire, there should be other options for replacement parts other than those from Backfire.

The entire board seems meh for the price and honestly kind of gimmicky, but I trust Backfire as a company more than some of the other ones out there, and I’d recommend them for anyone getting their first board. Their customer service is quite good compared to rivals, and they do a lot of sponsorship and support for local esk8 events and stuff. That being said I went to one of their demo days and I didn’t really like the deck profile (flat with sharp concave at the edges), and unfortunately they appear to use the exact same deck profile on nearly every single model :rofl:

1 Like