Back into the frey

I finally got another vesc. A stormcore 60d. After killing 4 in a row, I’m nervous. This time I’m using different motors too. Joey Z suggested it was a sensor that was killing half of the vesc.
How can I test motors without the esc and vesc tool? I spent the loot for those motors and don’t want to trash them. But they have cost me over a grand in escs.

3 Likes

I can’t use this spintend remote with the stormcore can I?

1 Like

sounds like its time for you to get a puck or freesk8 remote :slight_smile:

6 Likes

i have a puck for mine. but this is for a friends build. i think I have the btooth plug ins somewhere, so i cas use a different remote. youd think a high end esc like stormcore would be universal.

can you uh rephrase this?

2 Likes

How dead are your srormcores? You could send them for repairs, maybe?

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: I beat you to that in PM lol

2 Likes

He burnt 4, enough for us both :joy: any chance to fix any of them?

1 Like

I actually directed him to the Wizard for repairs already. If I needed another esc, I’d jump on it and send them to the wizard myself. But things are good here with a flipsky6.6, flipsky 4.20, 4 TB 4.12 and 8 focbox lol.

2 Likes

Like it is a valid reason not to have more :rofl:.

I myself have
4 x 4.12 from Shaka
2 og focbox
2 torque6
1 flipsky vesc6 from an old group buy, I don’t even know if it works :sweat_smile:
And Unity I bought broken, was fixed by Martin and is on its way to me now.
Fuck I didn’t realize I had 10 already and only 1 working board :grin:

3 Likes

That flipsky 6 is legit @ 10s. I run one in my lady’s build and its flawless. Well other than the crapped out sensors on the motors (they’ve got MILES on them).

Any plans for those focbox you got? I’m a little of a sentimental person for OG shit lol.

1 Like

I planned to put them in the evo, but now after some time on a 11" wide deck, I am not sure I want to keep the evo anyways.

1 Like

1 Like

Good boy! Welcome to the club lol

1 Like

Lol, I haven’t mounted it on wheels yet but the more I look at it, the more it looks small lol

Going from a kaly to an Evo is always a fun experience lol

1 Like

I sent the stormcore in t of be fixed. They seemed hopeful but have had it a minute

1 Like

I’m still not sure what killed them. I’ll know when LaCroix gets back at me. I was sure it was the sensor, but I don’t know anymore.

1 Like

Hopefully they can fix it, that’s a lot of money there :crossed_fingers:

And I’m 3 builds behind and playing catch up.

1 Like