Aviator's Battery Building Services

I don’t think it matters how long I have been on the forum, but yes, I am relatively new here. I have read the whole thread like multiple people have told me to do so. If it isn’t time to sell yet, I am open to helping build packs for no profit, but just for the experience. If any battery builder needs help, I am more than happy to assist and learn a thing or two.

Location Location Location

The first for profit battery I built was for a friend in DC who happens to be one of the leaders of DCESK8. He was very happy with my work and now my DM’s are very full.

6 Likes

I think my first not for profit pack went to either (and the second to the other one) @surfnacho or @KaramQ … they did a fine job getting the word out.

3 Likes

Here’s the problem. The Esk8 forums run pretty heavily on reputation and trust. Being a newbie (to the forum let alone an offered service) is an inherent issue when it comes to both of those things. So it is actually a considerable metric to take into account. Personally, I tend to not buy anything from anyone on this forum unless they’re an L2 (Regular) or I can drive to get what I’m after. Some people may have a lesser concern than I; So I wont speak for the entire forum but its a point of contention none-the-less.

10 Likes

This is true. I would feel the same way. Though I haven’t been on the forum too long, I have been talking to people, asking for advice, help, and just talking about our boards. These people can speak for me… @ZachTetra @Skyart @Evwan @jokerben321 . Sure they cannot speak for my battery building skill, but they know what kind of questions I ask and that I care to make a quality product.

I’m not here to rain on your parade, or to even give any form of constructive/destructive criticism. Nearly everyone on this thread probably has more knowledge and experience than I do about building packs therefore, ill leave the criticism up to them. The point of my statement is merely that tenure does matter to several people and seemingly yourself included.

As others have mentioned, continue doing what you’re doing - don’t expect anyone to take you up on your offer for building services, but at the very least expand your knowledge and horizons and continue to be apart of the community. Then when the time comes and your skillset has been honed, your reputation has been built up; You’ll find a place in the market to deliver services. Right now its just premature.

If anything building some “Brick” packs and selling them rather than offering a build service. May be your best bet to get experience quickly but YMMV. Lastly, if you’re truly set on offering services, you need to look into an LLC. Putting your name on the face of a product like this is just a bad idea.

9 Likes

Thank you for the advice. Really seems like you care about your fellow esk8ers and I appreciate that!

1 Like

You need to buy some dummy cells and build batteries and post pictures as you are building them so people can help you along the way.

See if you can source something like this

5 Likes

There are these in the US

3 Likes

hehehhe…this is what we call “Kanonenschlag” in germoney.
Good luck for your busyness, duuuuude. :mechanical_arm: :pray: :heart:

1 Like

Regulations (thanks google translate)

1 Like

I like this idea. You can post it with lots of build pics. Put a price and lower it until it sells. Then that’s your price. People can refer to that guy and his experience for the next pack. A few packs in and you’ll have a whole thing going.

Downside is having the front the cost.

2 Likes

Downside is in the eyes of the beholder. For them perhaps its a downside, for their reputation/trust I can only see it as a positive. Being a transaction with a single exchange rather than a multiple exchange process (sending batteries, sending money, etc) where you have more points of concern for the transaction to fall through/get swindled the fact that the product has been made already and its a simple purchase process (assuming you’re using PayPal and not opting for the friends and family transfer) its a relatively risk free process for both parties.

Why is this safer and more practical?

Just a more straight forward layout.

1 Like

Brick packs are inherently easier to make per the suggestions above and its more practical because you have a product you’re offering rather than a service with no reputation. A service can be done later, once your reputation from “stocked” goods precedes you.

Plenty of people use brick packs still, most mountain boards that use a Top-Mount battery are brick packs. The one-wheel clones use a brick pack of some form, and if you build quality S-Packs you can simply sell 12s1p packs with BMS Leads right on them ready for someone to build their own 12s pack with any number of Pgroups and all they need to do is solder the balance and charging leads.

Really there is a number of ways to make this a reasonable approach and get your skillset improved as well as your reputation.

This is not a good idea imo. You’d have better luck selling pre welded P-groups for those that can solder but not weld.

3 Likes

this is much better imo, also its easier to make…i think? i suck at battery stuff tho, im probably wrong

1 Like

Its all about the market and there are several logistical concerns for the end-user that would need to be addressed for sure. But really the sky is the limit. If we’re talking about an easy product to produce and sell. These are reasonable examples - I dont disagree with you in hindsight though.

I’m digging the idea of small P group pack, but I don’t know if this will teach you a lot…

1 Like