(AU) Help me find a pre-made board

My destination, my problem, totally fine with that.

2 Likes

Sweet, I would say it’s a perfect all around board. It can do medium off road meaning trails and dirt/gravel. But you’re not gonna take it into the mountains like a trampa

2 Likes

Can’t really go wrong with a Psychotiller build, I mean, his boards got 1st, 2nd and 3rd place recently :joy:.

13 Likes

@Hobz +1 lol

1 Like

I think it meets all your requirements. Don’t expect it to be waterproof. It’s basically a DIY it’s just that someone reputable built it for you.

As for “all-terrain” this uses 6 inch tires. You can always get bigger wheels, pulleys and belt to make it handle tougher terrains

5 Likes

Maybe if I decide to step up to more off terrain tracks, that can be my first DIY challenge.

Have you looked at bioboards and haggy?

And please dig around so you understand the lead times of various vendors before you commit. Try to buy one that’s made already if you’re sensitive to delays.

4 Likes

Real off road is best suited for top mounted electronics to give maximum clearance

4 Likes

Bioboards is out of my price range, from what I can tell the AT boards start at 3300USD. Haggy doesn’t seem to sell completes?

my bad. I actually really thought haggy sold completes, as they have every part, but yeah, no battery packs and no completes. Too bad because exceptional service, great quality, and they probably ship to AUS at a reasonable price.

And wow you have a 2500 budget and bioboards is 800 out of reach ouch! website says VAT is included so it might be a lot cheaper but probably still way out of reach.

5 Likes

I mean I could push for the bioboard, but it just seems like way to much for a first electric skateboard. I could overtake cars with that thing! I think the second hand psychotiller in the other thread makes more sense.

That bioboard though, what a powerful beast, i’ll put it on next years christmas list if the hobby pans out well for me. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Lmao! That @Psychotiller will do the same thing lol. If I was more instagram savy id post a link to a buddy of mine. Dave, could you help a brotha out with the video please sir lol?

2 Likes

For what you’ve described as your ride goals, I agree that you should be all over that Psychotiller board. It’s a 2019 spec board, built by one of the top two builders in the game, for a seriously good price. Please don’t feel pushed or pressured, but I hope you give it serious consideration.

6 Likes

I came here to ask the community and everyone is saying the same thing about the psychotiller board. If I can get it shipped to me at reasonable cost, I’m going to pull the trigger on it.

I really appreciate everyones advice. Finger crossed that beast can be sent across the pacific. Is it compatible with Australia’s reverse gravity? :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah I’m excited, I hope that board can be sent my way.

6 Likes

When @Dareno gets out of jail (midnight misunderstanding with sheep farmer), maybe he can give you an idea on the shipping. I think you’ll find that any board you’ll really want will have to be shipped in, anyway.

5 Likes

+1
10char

I would go for Baja S2 , after owning an original one for years and building my own boards - nothing compares to baja suspension - for off road it really cannot be beat with static trucks.

Dude the Baja S2 sounds like exactly what you want. Epic board and production is well underway, preorders should be delivered later this month or early next month. If you are keen on it jump onto their website and have a look at the board builder.

If you have any questions, hit me up, i know the boys well and have ridden all of the 4th generation boards.

2 Likes

$2000-2500 USD budget.

There are no ‘trucks’ :rofl: but once the arms are cracked or broken, you cant really fix them, just replace, i think about 40 bucks each.

You wont break anything unless you crash it.