Apex Jump Drive

For now only us at APEX.

I believe @Jeep might be the first person outside apex who had the BN drive but has just fitted his Jump drive. im sure after a few rides he will be able to give some feedback.

@haven jump drives ratios are slightly more than offered by others however as previously said by others here, there are many routes to get to more speed.

5 Likes

I think your 4.4:1 ratio is plenty fast. 12s/190kv/190mm wheels gets you up to 35mph loaded. Probably good enough for most people. I was just sharing because Haven asked for the differences to be pointed out. Not intending to put down the jump drive in any way :slight_smile:

Will you guys offer adapters for matrix II in the future?

3 Likes

unfortunatley not dude, the matrix 2 has stubby axels and that weird step. We will support the Matrix 3 for sure.

6 Likes

Makes sense, but awesome to hear that M3 will be supported.

Will 63100 motors fit the Jump drives mounted on Apex airs?
Specifically the flipsky 63100s.

Flipsky 63100 should be fine.

1 Like

Does anyone know if these would fit on kaly carver trucks?. I got mostly mbs trucks and know that these don’t fit.

1 Like

!!! Shipping Update !!!

All outstanding Jump Drive and Chain Drive orders are boxed up and ready to ship tomorrow, so keep an eye on your inboxes.

There’s also a few extra sets of each boxed and ready to ship immediately, so if you want some shiny on its way to you this week then get your order in quick before these get dispatched tomorrow.

11 Likes

Jump drives landing in peoples hands. Exciting times.

7 Likes

I’ve had these drives in hand for two days now. They are beautiful. The fit and finish is better than expected, to be honest.
I have yet to run them, but it’s coming soon.

19 Likes

Wow, it fits your truck? That just made it even more awesome

5 Likes

Very impressed with these drives after unboxing them. The gears fit together incredibly, fun to play around with. Can’t wait to get them on! If I can manage to get tune them to be as quiet as @JoeyZ5’s BN drives, I might consider using these for a street build as well.

P.S. Use green threadlocker (638 or 648) for the motor pinion on non-apex motors (without the second circlip). Instructions only mention red and blue for assembly, which is a minor mistake.

5 Likes

In the instructions we recommend LOCTITE 270 or 278 for high strength, both are green high strength retaining compound. But yes 638 or 648 should also do the job.

We should probably call this out as retaining compound rather than thread locker in the instructions to so I will make sure that gets changed and clarified.

Thanks.

Other than that are the instructions useful?

I really like some of the drawings on them :joy:

4 Likes

Well then someone cough @Evwan cough showed me the wrong loctite chart. Sorry!

3 Likes

Theres so many types. But this is what I have been using. Specifically high strength stud and bearing fit.

Looking at the datasheets 638 might be a little better cause it’s thicker.

But I expect any green thick high strength would do the job.

2 Likes

@rusins I’ve also heard that if your using motors without circlips it can be a good idea to hit the shaft with a little coarse sand paper quickly just to rough the surface a little and give the LOCTITE something to grip to better.

2 Likes

Hold on, if the instructions were referring to green for high strength, then you recommend green for the hanger clamp bolts? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’ve never used 638 on a bolt, but I imagine that if you did, you’d never get that bolt back :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I have
2 min with a torch + lots of swearing + a dead bolt at the end of it

3 Likes

Once a position is chosen most users will likely never want to remove these and never want them coming loose. Green locktight is a more permanent and lower maintenance option.

Obviously more experienced DIY guys know what they may want to change in the future so use your best judgement if you plan to take them off again.

You just dont really want to under locktite them and lose them during riding.

3 Likes