Apex Jump Drive

Imma give these to @Evwan since he has jump drives ready for science

Mine are functional and I don’t wanna take them apart

3 Likes

Yeah but he rides like an intern! You’re never gonna find the limits of those gears with him on them!

2 Likes

@Evwan @jack.luis So once you guys confirm the design and fitment, what’s some of the next steps/your goal here?
Curious to @ApexBoards input on loctited pinions coming loose. Was this a common issue during your testing on motors without circlips?
You guys have me a bit paranoid to be honest, I’d really hope to not end up stranded from a loose pinion.

2 Likes

man if I cant find the limits of MJF Nylon gears then there are better things I wont be able to find either

1 Like

Hey, the testing we did was with one of our team riders using 63100 motors on 18s with more than 100a per motor. He’s never had pinions come lose. Installation was careful with branded loctite.
All other testing was done with our motors which is kinda how they were designed to be used by Q.

1 Like

I’ve been running my helical jump drives with the circlip installation type, no loctite on the motor pinion at all for over a year now.

I opened the drives up recently to replace the motors and they look brand new inside.

Hope this info helps

I trust the circle clips more than I trust loctite now that I’ve been running jump drives for a while.

I have no trust issues with loctite on straight cuts tho.

3 Likes