Anything Direct Drive related (SERIOUS)

I had this idea the other day, that you could make a single, super long direct drive by having the hanger asymmetrical like this:

Maybe even worth doing something like this, for more traction:

Reason I came up with it was because I was contemplating putting my wheel pulley on the outside of the board, so that I could use narrower trucks, and large motors above the wheel.

Edit: Idk where the motor wires would come out in picture 2 lmao

7 Likes

oh wow. This would need a super beefy hanger and like a 16mm stepped down axle XD
Interesting though!

3 Likes

How narrow do you would need? The one I had design with dual 6355 was the same width as a Paris 195 mm

That’s perfect for an upper boundry

Maybe 10mm skinnier would be awesome

But I know that’s pretty difficult to acheive and still have good motors.

2 Likes

I think it is doable, hopefully one day I will manage to manufacture it

Or keep it and bigger motors

1 Like

How about 4 tiny motors, one for each wheel and four little tiny motor controllers

4 Likes

I like this idea… and hopefully they are able to take the TB110s as well

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted to do that, but I don’t think we can go so tiny motors, ideally this would be with 4 x 5055 motors, but they have double the resistance of 6355 motors for any given Kv

Somehow I managed to miss this thread of yours which is very unusual for me where your stuff is concerned.

I am so doing this with an old set of Jacob hubs I have rattling round my shop. Good powerful old school hubs with crap urethane so should be spot on.

Got to finish the Rocket first though.

4 Likes

I may not like DD.
But I gotta give it to em it sure as hell is slick.

1 Like

Yes we start making this already. Is can fit standard width of truck 184mm and can run 90mm wheel.

13 Likes

BTW @jeffwuneo any idea how much it will be ?

3 Likes

I may borrow your second idea for a concept in my design & Stuff thread, If you don’t mind :blush:

2 Likes

Got mine for sale … tlk :wink:

[EDIT]
Nevermind, been misreading

I’m all good for now, thanks

1 Like

For what it’s worth.

Top: eLofty 58kv
Middle: Revel DD Kit
Bottom: Mad Fury DD

TBDD EVO is in my car trunk so I can’t take photos. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11 Likes

Hi. 60kv. In need of a new 12S.

12 Likes

ChooChoo?

1 Like

It’s just my beloved, ugly, Prototipo.

3 Likes

63200 FTW!!! Would look like Fat Betty from the back, but who cares when nobody can keep up, right?

Plus, you can have 4WD with a dual controller.

3 Likes