Anyone has a Bustin Sportster deck

Hello Guys:
I had several requests for an enclosure for the Bustin Sportster:

I was wondering if Witchblade enclosure could fit in this deck:

Does anyone have an Sportster in hand to take random meassures?

4 Likes

bwahl602
has one!

2 Likes

I just made a thread about building with the Sportster! Mine arrives today :slight_smile:

I’ll definitely be needed an enclosure.

2 Likes

oh you didn’t get the DIY kit? https://bustinboards.com/products/dualomo-hybrid-sportster-35-deck-case-diy-kit

1 Like

They have their own enclosure made out of wood

1 Like

Nah I wanna be able to design or procure everything to fit my needs. Also the deck alone was on sale for 95 bucks… So 250 for deck / enclosure is too steep

3 Likes

Eboosted, I’ll take some measurements for ya

2 Likes

From this picture it seems like you may need the specific DIY version of the deck to use the enclosure, at least it’d be more simple. Plus in DIY standpoint, seems like the enclosure could be made a bit larger and closer to the edges for more space.

5 Likes

Yeah they diy enclosure and deck combo from them is unique. The deck is routed out to make the enclosure flush. It’s very nice, but doesn’t utilize full size of the deck for sure.

2 Likes

Hey @BillGordon

Do you think it would be appropriate to move all this to the “building with the Bustin Sportster” thread?

1 Like

Later, yes. But let’s make sure Alan accomplishes his goal with the enclosure first.

4 Likes

yeah the cutout is tiny compared to torqueboards 40" deck

Absolutely :pray:

6 Likes

Here are the meassures of the LHB Witchblade enclosure:

3 Likes

Width wise should fit perfect, length wise seems to be too long but I could shorten it 50mm no problem, concave wise seems to be a lot more pronounced than the Witchblade.

Having a deck locally would be great to have a perfect fitment.

If I could have at least 5 people interested I will buy a sportster

At the moment I’m working with @tello1969 on a huge Redember 44 enclosure and the Switchblade 40" DS

9 Likes

Love your work but i have to step aside for the time being

I’m planning a vacuum layup with two extra layers of maple veneer and CF and a matching enclosure.

Let me know if I can help with any other measurements

3 Likes

All good man! Just sending the waters to see if there us real interest. Thanks a lot for the measurements

2 Likes

Well I’m totally interested but that’s just one person. It’s a great deck though!

2 Likes

Me too, I just ordered one over Black Friday

1 Like