Any p42a cell users out there?

Yeah, that’s true I guess. But it’s also constant 10A and cells aren’t glued together in a pack and put in a tight enclosure. So thermal conditions are better in the lab and discharge is constant (maybe 10A is exactly the sweet spot) and not going all over the place from 1A to 35+A or more. Depending on your pack and use case the average current consumption might also be higher than 10A.

All things considered I wouldn’t expect more than the rated specs. If you could do that, they would test differently.

Smartphone batteries also have an average cycle life of 400 to 80%.

Can somebody measure the real diameter and length of these cells?

Please DO NOT use a caliper when meassuring length unless you want to smoke yourself :fire:

8 Likes

That can’t be correct, the cell is a 21700, so should be around 21mm of diameter and 70mm of length

1 Like

Sorry I think you mean they 18650 cell. We have some in our factory. I measure later.

Damn! I’m too anxious, couldn’t wait.

These cells seem to be top of the notch these days, even better than the 30T and 40T together

Hope they come balanced

8 Likes

I found every seller listing slightly different size tolerances. Liionwarehouse had the best dimensions. My cells from batterybros were pretty consistent in voltage. range is 5.530-3.545 (photo at *Nutty 100-40* Subsonic Century AVIO mk2 P42A 13s4p)

I’ll measure a few cell tonight (with plastic calipers)

2 Likes

5 cells pretty much 70mm long right on the money. 21.3mm diameter.

@eBoosted

Alan, one thing I noted vs 30T looking at reviewer discharge graphs. Early in the discharge curve, they drop off a lot. Until about 1/3 discharged. Then they catch up and pass the 30T. So won’t feel that fire of a freshly charged pack. I’m going 13s on these for that reason.

3 Likes

I think the moli-cells outperform and out cost… but I need that shit…
thinking about a 12s2p… is molicel the answer?

3 Likes

I made a psycho ocd table

3 Likes

Man, Even with the groupbuy the 40T pack I’m getting would be close to the same as the Molicell I was thinking of getting. Still can’t wait
for this 40t pack though!

1 Like

let me know what ya think…
I wanna press the P42a’s into service and make them work…

I could do 40T but then the next year I’d wonder…

at least now I’ll know

1 Like

Gimme 4 weeks and it should be rolling…

I think the near future/next year people are gonna go p42

Even though it’s only a .2ah and 5amp discharge difference from my findings

(Although it’s rated for 45a discharge it’s is really only 25 continuous, 30 under 100°c and above that it gets sketchy)

2 Likes

Would you share the link of that curve?

Has anyone used the P42a cells with NESE 21700 modules? Do they fit? @Agniusm ?

EDIT: nevermind I should search before asking.
Looks like they fit: Any p42a cell users out there?

2 Likes

The 2nd graph shows vs other cells at 10a and 30a draw.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/attachments/ac0bc709-98a9-4496-b721-6f119abd3508-jpeg.806175/

1 Like

I hope… Because I have just finished up printing 20 pcs 6p NESE modules, for 21700 molicels p42a :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They fit :+1:

3 Likes

It seems the 30T are king between 100%-85% EOC by a lot, 40T are average discharge and range wise and P42A have really low sag and last way/way longer than any of the Samsung variations.

I’m convinced I made the correct choice by going P42A

I’m building a 12S4P for the Sportster

13 Likes

can confirm, i have 12s4p p42a in nese 21700 modules

4 Likes

How do you like them so far ??

2 Likes