Annoying noise electric longboard motors Help please!

Friends good afternoon, I would like you could help me, the engines of my longboard has a very annoying noise and that has me worried if you could advise me I would be eternally grateful.

Greetings

1 Like

Kind of sounds like you have a loose magnet, or possibly the shaft is loose where it connects to the motor can.

I suggest taking apart the motor and inspecting the shaft, can, and magnets.

If there is a loose magnet, you can battle harden the motor to secure the magnet. If the shaft is loose then you might need a new motor.

2 Likes

Does it make the same noise when the belts are off?

Is this a VESC?

2 Likes

@BenjaminF @b264 Thank you very much for your answers, I will open the engine, check if it makes noise without the belts and see what it has and comment. In the case that I have to change both motors and I want to install another brand, what do I have to look for? Is it necessary to do some processes to configure them? I ask because I am relatively new to this subject, and it is the first problem of my board and I do not know the procedure to change engines. Besides the company that bought the board here in Chile closed so I do not have much help. If you could help me I would be infinitely grateful.

Greetings from Chile