After-Analysis of Being Hit by a Car on a Crosswalk on 24.6.2020

@SimosMCmuffin

excellent breakdown… enjoyed you post crash analysis, like @BillGordon I grew up on bikes (motorcycles) and literally do not trust anyone in a car… anyone… I usually don’t cross in front of them even when they wave me passed…

I just don’t trust them to see me and be aware… I’ve had too many introductions to inept drivers and cars…

live and learn, your post may help others skate safely… thanks

3 Likes

Loved the analysis. Stick man was great.

This reminded my of my attempt at explaining, to the insurance folks, in drawing as to what happened during my accident.

5 Likes

Back at it boys!

Damage isn’t so bad that I can’t ride around, so while I’m waiting for the new parts to come I can still use my board to commute. Really didn’t wanna have to use public transport at these kind of temperatures…

5 Likes

I’m the same way. We have amazing public transport here, but I’ve barely used it since having my boards.

2 Likes

One of my biggest peevs is when people try to be nice and wave me through when it’s not my right of way. If I go and something happens I’m at fault now. You don’t know that everything around you is okay for me to cross. You have the right of way. Use that shit and get out of my way! I just shake my head no.

3 Likes

yeah same, cars think you’re vulnerable and stop when they actually should go and i find that so annoying

4 Likes

When drivers to this to me I stop dead and look away in the opposite direction. Wait 2-5 seconds and the car usually goes ahead, like it should have.

3 Likes

Don’t worry about it. I got hit off my bike which was a write off. Car pulls out and smashed straight into me. I’m good at judging the road but something’s just baffle you.
Don’t over think it, everything is out to kill you lol

2 Likes