ABS_OVER_CURRENT

Hi all,

I have a 12s4p 40t battery, a dual vesc 6.6 by Flipsky, and two 6374 190kv flipsky motors. I have been having an issue where when I run FOC setup in the VESC tool it completes the detection without error, but when running the motors after the detection the lights on the Vesc will start to flicker and then eventually blink red giving error ABS_OVER_CURRENT. I have tried plugging the motors into different sides of the vesc, running the detection multiple times and I still was getting the error. To make things more interesting I was troubleshooting the issue tonight and ran the detection again and for some reason the error has completely dissappeared when testing the motors. I have not changed anything. This is causing me to stress worrying that the error will come back at a later date. Any ideas why this happened? Any ideas what couldve caused the ABS_OVER_CURRENT error? Id love if I could have my settings looked over to see if they are correct.

Here are the motor settings. Please let me know if there is any more useful information I can provide. Thank you!

I wouldn’t run a 4p 40T battery at more than 60A battery per side. Your battery current is way too high, that might be triggering the fault. Set it to 60A and regen to -30A for each side of the ESC.

Also, usually people set their motor current values to be equal, you can set both to ±70A

There’s also a chance that your motor connections were loose and swapping the motors back and forth improved the connection :person_shrugging:

2 Likes