9” mud pluggers

Love how these beasts look, but unfortunately they’re out of stock until Jan 2021 :sob:

Are the MBS 9” comparable or any other recommendations?

4 Likes

9" mbs is a great tire. I don’t like tires that big, but the mbs is one of the better ones I’ve tried

Have you tried 9” in the back and 8” up front? Been shredding some trails and feel like the 9” would help a lot

1 Like

I’ve tried that too, deffiently a more responsive set up, but I feel like 8" is such a good size, you get more torque and honeslty unless you plan on riding in full on mud, big knobby tires like that just going to eat away at your efficiency and handling

3 Likes

Big loss in torque?

1 Like

What’s your set up? I Had 170kv 6380 motors on a 1:4.2 3d eco drive. When I switched to 8" tires it was like night and day!!! I think if you are going with a higher gearing ratio you may be ok. Something like 1:5 or even 1:6

I’ve been riding 6380 190kv 8” MBS tires. Everything was good besides my ratio. I’ve been running 18t/62t :joy::joy: non existent torque.

1 Like

Goal is to do 1:6 ratio now

1 Like

you will probably be good with 1:6 on 9" tires

But you think the 8” would be better?

2 Likes

I have a flux deck coming too. Your build is exactly the kind I want :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah i think 8" would be more fun

2 Likes

16/62 on 8" is my happy spot as a 140lb rider… I think if i did more hills or made another trip to Colorado ski country i might drop a tooth for some extra torque while in the area… Lately been wanting to try 17 for a lil more top end since i have a range monster now and have been doing longer ranger higher speed rides =\

2 Likes

I used these on my build for a while but swapped them out for the 9inch primo striker. They would be great for true offroading but kinda a battery sink on normal roads. Primo Strikers def roll easier.

As for 9 vs 8, really depends on what you want to do… Reason I have multiple boards ranging from 6s to 9s. My daily rider is 9inchers front and back. I like not having to worry about the road condition. Being able to roll over everything is great.

2 Likes

I’d only use 9" for heavy off-road application. 8" for road and hybrid terrain. 9" feels much heavier to me.

3 Likes

Oof love the build :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

I think I’m going to get five star hubs so I always have the option to try 9”

2 Likes

Thanks! Always nice to have options to try out everything

1 Like

we can sit here and wait for the stock to arrive together then

1 Like

For real…

On a brighter note, I found out MBS has a 15% off coupon AND free shipping. :call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

2 Likes