6.6 plus vs 60d

Ohhh yeah the Spintend has been performing well so far, but we are still gathering data on it. There aren’t too many out there yet

The reason no one recommended it is because it hasn’t been proven as much as the other alternatives. So far I haven’t heard many issues at all though

3 Likes

DHL says that Spinted should be at my place tomorrow, so I’ll be able to test it in the next weeks, I have also received 2x ZESC units today, and boy those look amazing…

When you think that a couple of months ago there were none decent ESCs on the market other than Trampa… Then neoBOX fiasco, I am glad we have options nowdays… Torqueboards is around the corner of releasing their version soon…

So, good time to be alive for ESC purchasing :smiley:

4 Likes

The two ESCs are hardly comparable. Just buy the storm-core.

1 Like

Go for flipsky

yes really, they are awesome.

For a good arm massager.
https://flipsky.net/products/massage-gun-deep-tissue-handheld-percussion-massager-muscle-massager-3-speeds-6-massage-heads-super-quiet-brushless-motor

2 Likes

Here’s a log of DUAL FSESC 6.6 with 80100 motors :

ZERO issue with this particular dual ESC.

Yet, I wouldn’t take the ones with integrated antisparks.

3 Likes

I’ll just be the one to say it.
If you want to save money and feel safe, then just get the unity.
the only bad reviews you get are from the drama behind unity.
The unity itself is a rock and can handle some craziness!

2 Likes

My Unity just had one side fail after about 200 miles. My other unity had random dropout issues out of the box.

1 Like

Contact the DVR wizard.
He fixed one of mine I have 6 of them.

1 Like

Stay away from Flipsky ESC it is trash, they don’t last. Even the other one you mention is a rip of Foxbox and someone had it and their blowup on the first ride.

I just save up for a Trampa VESC! It comes with a 6 month warranty and Trampboard will take care of you and not leave you hanging if the VESC fails due to normal use and not some abuse or water damage. I’ve been in talks with David and he is a super good guy around. He took care of all my problems in the past. He told me the VESC will last year vs week or months.

With the trash one you will have to buy 2x or 3x times!

lol, so many feelings.

All of my FSESCs have been flawless.

1 Like

All? for how long? and the company support is trash I dealt with Helen directly.

Not once did I get any help with their trash ECS being under power for my 12s6p battery pack. The ESC would stall. They did get back to me after my VESC blew up 3 rides in. I sent them all my VESC setting and kept pushing Helen for answers and was told the engineer found nothing wrong, but sorry? WTF!!!

1 Like

My FSESC dual plus easily has 1000 miles on it on 12S. I’ve got 6 4.12 singles in various boards all w/ more than a couple hundred miles. I’m currently playing around with their 200A 6.6 singles and doing things that they probably don’t like. Still haven’t failed. BKB puts FS 4.20 ESCs in all of their boards.

2 Likes

Happy it’s working out for you, wish it was the same for everyone and when it wasn’t the company actually stood behind their product. Flipsky is not that company.

I was also told by someone who lives in China and has a youtube channel, that Flipsky doesn’t produce their own product and it’s a rebranded clone with cheaper components that I could pick up for 1/3 cost from a site that is only in Chinese and you need to pay in Yuan so blocked to outsiders! I “had” a friend who is Chinese and has an aunt who lives in China and he uses this site and uses her to buy and ship stuff to him to Canada.

So no real engineers at Flipsky, this explains why Helen never let me speak directly to one and then came up with some BS oh they don’t speak English. So I got pissed and said what is stopping your from taking my questions and VESC settings and getting me answers?

I think she said made shit up to save face!

Yeah, that’s all knowledge that is readily available if you’re willing to search for it. Flipsky works with HGLTECH to distribute for YONGITECH, which you can get directly off TAOBOA if you’re savvy. The problem is getting it out of China in a reasonable time and landed cost, in which case purchasing directly from alibaba/aliexpress ends up being a wash.

Sorry you had bad luck with your ESCs. You’re probably better off paying the premium for a product that comes with support.

1 Like

i got some 40T cells on hand now, could hook you up with a discount

Yes that is the site! Also that knowledge is not easily discoverable unless you’re told specifically to look for it, look out for it, only after you have problem and need to look for answer yourself does this stuff come up.

All these youtuber fan boy selling their viewers down the river suck, I just call them out now.

What is so insane about this community, they admit having to buy another one a few months down the road? I am like hell no this is not have it should be or has to be. New people watching said bs youtube reviews start to believe their hype and buy the product when it’s trash. Then when it’s blows up, as it always does (except for you for all the ones you have), the new people think it was my fault, then it’s, “oh well” I will buy another one from said trash company.

Buyers are being exploited in this esk8 community for views and subs with some really bs reviewers not helping!

You’re something else.

2 Likes

So far my fsesc have been flawless. I have a fsesc 4 and 6 plus.

1 Like

Zesc warrior 6

As much as I appreciate how much transparent work went into the ZESC project, unless you have any experience with it on hand, I wouldnt recommend it. Especially not until we have a stable VESC FW with no temp filtering bugs and braking at max duty cycle.

1 Like