3D-printable Tanuki Hubs! 🦝

Here is a little sneak peak. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Thanks, they look nice well done!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

That looks almost identical to the style of InfinitiHubs by @surfnacho. I might get that file to front some matching front rims.

1 Like

Yup, the inspirations for these is the same although my design drops down in the middle, the InfinityHubs do not. Mine also clears the rim flange.

5 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

New design added! :confetti_ball: I hope you like it. :slight_smile:

@ablairlamb you might be interested :smiley:

5 Likes

Bro. That V type is the sauce! If I can’t get my tb hubs to work with my setup, I’ll be purchasing the files for these fo sho!
Also, any peeps in Canada without a 3d printer wanting to give these a go, I’m A OK with making em for ya. Just purchase the files from @Tanuki, once he’s confirmed your purchase with me, I’ll happily print them and send them to you for cost of shipping and filament. Which of course is peanuts. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Those new V-types are badass. I just got my files sliced for the Y-type and I am going to print some test wheels this weekend. I’ll shoot you a message soon for the V-type! Nice work :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks guys! If you have a cool idea for some unique or classic design that can work as 3D prints, let me know. :smiley:

1 Like

Tesla rims.

1 Like

What kind? They have several.

2 Likes

Oh, the ugly ones. :smiley:

7 Likes

:frowning: I think they’re cool. The other ones just look like basic car rims.

I also like old school chromed hubcaps.

Just gonna say this cos nobody else has said it.

3d printed hubs seem like an incredibly bad idea.

10 Likes

Care to elaborate?

Not really.

5 Likes

Well okay then, thanks for your opinion.

2 Likes

The reasons seem obvious, but in something like nylon and with say, 100% infill and good layer adhesion the hubs should hold up right?

I too have fears of my rims being shredded as I ride but I also want to believe 3d printing can be more practical for esk8 parts.

1 Like