2wd acceleration 4wd braking

Hahah I would like to… I’ve got them ordered. But usps needs 45+ days obviously…

3 Likes

I had hard wheels and had problems with them loosing grip while breaking, I switched to 78a 110s and never again had issues.

2 Likes

You could also try running front wheel drive ? That will also have better breaks.

2 Likes

You could get some cheap hub motors on the front, set their motor amps to zero, and only utilize their brakes. You could dump even more braking amps with a rheostatic brake if that’s still not enough traction.

2 Likes

I’ve thought about this a few times, and each time I try to work it out, the size requirements and the desire to have them powered and manual cause further headaches. Using Mountain Bike disks and calipers would likely be ideal for size and stopping power but servo controlled actuation plus cable driven brake on the board if all power is lost adds more and more complexity.

If the brakes are front mount only - then the issue is that you cant really use them “aggressively” in a turn less risk upsetting the board. If they are on the back, then they would ideally be apart of the motor/pulley configuration and therefore would need to interface with the drivetrain in a way that doesn’t cause the motor or belt/gears undue stress and would also likely not be something you could put on any existing configuration.

there are already some trucks maybe even on trampas site with disc breaks

trampa does have disc brake, but they aren’t wireless controlled and also required specific hanger…

What a time for this to come up haha.
I was thinking of front disk brakes as well for
1- extra breaking
2- more importantly for me, emergency brakes in case there is ever a bug where the throttle goes full or my ESC shuts off etc…

I don’t think it would be hard to copy the Trampa magura brakes tbh, just use bike disc brakes and have a custom disc made with some 3d printed parts to fit the system to the trucks… I mean some works needs to be design but it seems very feasible!
Even if it’s just one front wheels that’s being used it would still make a Hella difference

1 Like

Matrix trucks also have disc braking kits just FYI. I have a set on a manual ats12 mtb.

3 Likes

What if you somehow tap off of regenerative power as the input for the brakes?
So its both signal and power.

2 Likes

They are not as high tech, I had a look at them… Trampa uses a metal disk while mbs have the pad straight on the hub I believe… please correct me if I’m wrong. Maybe show some pics becaus ether mbs website only show 2 pics :call_me_hand: