| Electric Slide | Bustin' Maestro, Venom Mach 1, 40T, SR TKP, Hammocks

Alrightt, so the time has come where the pieces are falling together and I need to start actually figuring out logistics of this thing. Here’s my second build thread/idea, and the whole purpose of this build is to make something for freestyle and SLIDING: Bustin’ Maestro deck (L 38", W 9", WB 26"); Hammocks running 30/60 split drop-through; TB218; bkb 12s2p; 2 FVT 120A ESCs; Venom Mach 1’s w/ @moon pulleys.

(ignore the Bear truck in the back, just too lazy to remove the wheels atm)

The things I’m unsure about are the ESCs (I chose these because of their ability to handle high current but I’ve never used them and don’t know if I can program them to my liking; anyone with experience with these please do chime in). I have a single flipsky 6.6 fsesc w/ heatsink so I could get another one of these and run them dual if the ESCs are a bad idea.

I’d also prefer to have narrower trucks but I won’t know my options here with the pulleys until they arrive and I can see how much room I need for their massive 70mm contact patch. Let’s see, what else…Running the drop-through config RKP with Hammocks should work out with a little modding, however - is this deck a bad choice? It has a decent bit of flex so I would maybe need someone to make me a flexy 12s2p. Could be cheaper and more fun to get something stiffer with a kicktail :thinking::thinking::thinking:

So this is what I’m thinking and contemplating atm, please PLEASE throw me your suggestions and logistics on the matter, thanks!

Oh yeah - MOTORS. I have some TB6355 sitting around but they need new cans and have been nothing but trouble for me, so I’m open to buying new motors too. Maybe maytech 6374’s; not sure about 190 or 170kv (is 170kv necessary with this set-up??)

8 Likes

one thing I can see pay attention to the pulley you are gonna use. The venom are crazy nice but you want to keep the torque there. So lower Kv motors are your frinds to run small wheel pulley

3 Likes

yeah I was wondering if the lower KV would be TOO much torque?

you can play with the esk8 calculator to find the sweet spot. Mainly because up to know there are not too many choice for the venom so you can only change the motor Kv and battery to accommodate the torque. Ah torque is never enough btw :crazy_face:

1 Like

I suspect low KV will be too much torque - I use 76mm ABEC on 5055 270kv and torque is stunning … since these have loads of contact patch I can’t help myself but want to try my 6384s 150kv on them - these were too much torque on 107mm and 40t pulley :wink:

I want smaller hangers for my Venoms so the practical setup I think I’m going to buy some 170kv 6355s for my eCaliber trucks , looking forward to experimenting more with these wheels than any I’ve owned :smile:

2 Likes

ecalibers, thats the ideal truck for these wheels if the pulleys fit. Lemme know if they fit for you

quick visual inspection it looks like it might just be enough with 111m between the mounts lol

Also tempted to try some Paris v3s with some @dickyho mounts

1 Like

Just chopped 10mm from a caliber hanger and the pulley fits. So bear that in mind

3 Likes

@moon you’re saying on a standard caliber hanger they fit?

If you chop 10mm of the hanger

2 Likes

like this?

Yes

You can get e calibers or tb218mm and they have extended axles already

1 Like

I like the idea of a tight turning radius with the standard calibers but no way in hell I’ll fit 2 6374’s on that. e calibers might fit them but they are hard to get hands on it seems

1 Like

12s2p isnt that much range? did you just buy that battery or how did u get it? i had an extra 10s3p although after 12s i would never go back to 10s

1 Like

I’m thinking 12s3p but the weight is a factor for this build. 12s2p is lighter weight - better for freestyle - but you’re right, the range is limited. Decisions decisions.

1 Like

Samsung 40T 12s2p

1 Like

40T seems to be the new jam around here :thinking::thinking:

@moon got an experience with these cells vs. the 30Q you can speak toward?

2 Likes

I don’t have any experience with either cells but I use 30Ts in my build

2 Likes

I was thinking the same for my next build but then after quick math 12s2p 21700 battery weights 300g less than 12s3p 18650 cells and cost more. Not sure what is better actually.

2 Likes

Is topmount better for sliding? Sorry I’m pretty ignorant about DH and sliding.