£260 - ALL TERRAIN MOON DRIVES

8 inch wheels??? pffft how about 9 inchers

8 Likes

I’m curious if you are printing these with supports in TPU. for me i have horrible luck removing TPU supports that aren’t from build plate. and this design with naive supports ends up having the supports start on the lower lip with the screw holes.

3 Likes

I am printing with supports; they separate pretty easy (especially bottom ones) with my finger nail for the most part, razor blade otherwise for the more stubborn ones (mostly top ones). You have clean/straight access to make your cuts so they pretty much come out layer-wise. For the holes that were stubborn (only 1 or 2; if you’re careful they come out clean most of the time) I used regular eyelash/splinter tweezers rotating around the hole. Happy to make a small vid of the support peeling process.

Do not tho I am using TPE (from Inland – Microcenter) which is more of a soft, stretchy rubber-like material than most TPU I’ve seen. I am printing at 25mm/s, 0.2mm layer height, 0.8 min x/y support distance.

I’ve only made two changes/improvements to my print settings and I don’t have feedback yet:

1. Bubbling; you might notice some on the side walls and it was due to an interaction between my infill and my shell/inner walls. There’s barely space for infill there anyway so I just made it solid. Current print is past most of the points where it bubbled before; so this one should be fixed.

2. Support blockers; I added support blockers on the holes since I’m not sure the overhangs require support throughout. We’ll see if they end up drooping and if they do I’ll have to go back.

Oh and final thought, I did also add support blockers in cura around the holes this time, although I’m not sure how I feel about it mainly because they weren’t really an issue to get off. I’d rather deal with a little extra finish time and not have any droopy bridging up top. We’ll see how it comes out.

2 Likes

This is why I need the edit feature :zipper_mouth_face: :sob:

moon’s throne must be filled with great designs :rofl:

3 Likes

I only had a 4mm gap to fill with spacers but didn’t like the idea of junk getting caught up in there so I, too made a spacer.

Mine is meant to replace the spacers you need to use due to mbs tolerance differences, not anything moon did.

I like the added benefit that it also keeps the V ring from slipping away from the case for any reason. Also doesn’t require any additional/longer hardware.

Where’s that spacer at? Oh, it’s just so perfectly fitted you probably didn’t even notice it :smirk:

It’s easily modifiable for whatever gap of spacers you need, Lmk what gap size if you want the file.

9 Likes

Excuse me sir! Where did you get those pretty hardware pieces?

Aliexpress, took forever and a half to get here. Ordered early July, got here last week.

4 Likes

smooth!

I like how every tester has taken things into their own hands and done things differently, in a way that suits their needs the best.

1 Like

Well fuck. I will never order from them again. They screwed me out of $1200 on my start up fund for a filtration unit. I’ve been fighting them and still am since April.

4 Likes

Are they all that different? Between the first and second batches I thought the only major difference was a move towards helical? Sorry I’ve spaced out on this thread a couple months.

1 Like

Did you file a dispute with aliexpress directly? There system is wonky so better talk to someone than filling there automated forms that try to mess up with your mind giving you limited dispute reasons.

1 Like

I went through the system. Won and then the asshole sales person filed a dispute with their bank and then Ali decided to favor them so I sicked my bank on them. If this were in the states I’d have happily dropped 10k on lawyers to sue them out of house and home out in the name of principles and business practices.

2 Likes

That’s fucked up, this is why I am afraid to spend more than a couple hundred $ in the same aliexpress store.

Totally agree, unfortunately, a lawsuit in in China isn’t as easy as Trampa tries to make us think. So the fucking assholes get away with that kind of shit.

3 Likes

It literally says on the sales page not to accept the shipment if it is damaged. I didn’t accept it because it was damaged. They are trying to say I have to pay freight to return something they failed to deliver. The return freight would be more than the initial purchase! Fuck alibaba!

sorry off topic

1 Like

The lids and cases are the only parts that are truly different and can’t be mixed between batch 1 and 2 or later

@Ace

1 Like

Gotcha. Thanks!

BTW do you have enough stickers and t-shirts to give me this time?

1 Like

How do I subscribe to Moon drive notifications lol I need to know the moment these release again :laughing:

2 Likes

When will the helicals be delivered?