I have ordered the gears btw

2 Likes

Are 8T pinions part of the order?

1 Like

I didn’t make any 8T pinions

9T,10T,11T,12T,14T were made

edit - 8t isn’t possible

3 Likes

has anyone done any testing with the boardnamics or tb 218 trucks? also the if you put in the google form that you want 1 in quantity, that means 1 set (dual) yes?

3 Likes

I made this current batch a little smaller than I promised (17 sets available) because I wanted to front the money for all the drives instead of doing a preorder system.

So that also means I am not planning on making a ton of extra clamps right now.

The people who wanted Caliber clamps as an extra, they can test clamps out for me this time at reduced price.

£240 for a dual, may rise to £250 now. 1 set/piece = dual drive.

8 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Are odd numbered teeth better for gear drive?

Will split it out.

4 Likes

I am sorry, i know a lot of people have it, but since i admire your work (i tend to be a reader, not a poster) i thought i should let you know so your gear drives will be unbeatable :smiley:

6 Likes

29 Likes

In the immortal words of Ol’ Dirty Bastard
“Oh Baby I like it Raw”

4 Likes

@pixelsilva read here mate, pm if you have any questions or concerns.

1 Like

Wow! Nice raw GDs :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wow this is an amazing project! Good chance I will take part in the second batch.

3 Likes

Are you planning Kahua truck compatibility soon?

2 Likes

It is kinda pointless since @avX already makes a great GD

4 Likes

Except for about € 100 price difference for me.

1 Like

I think their drive is priced similar to mine?

A bit more expensive + import fees for Europe.

Also, shipping from UK to NL would be lots cheaper.

1 Like

@moon is that mbs rockstar2 or mbs rockstar pro that it fits?

Moon will know best but I can confirm that mbs fivestar, rockstar II, and rockstar pro all share the same bolt pattern and spacing.

The difference comes in between the bolt hole profile.

Notice how the rockstar pros bolt heads stop on that metal part. The fivestar and rockstar 2 use a hex shaped recess that the bolts and nuts sit in.

Not sure if that will affect assembly. I sure hope it works with them all and am happy to print and test if necessary.

9 Likes