20s Little FOCers on stooge SRB v5#1 comparing to Castle based SRB v5#3

Binded the new MT12 remote last night I will be testing how it runs in a couple hours !!

6 Likes

it’s been a couple of hours! status??? :smiley:
opinions?

2 Likes

I rode it for a couple minutes in rush hour traffic and was overwhelmed by how many cars where around me lololol, it’s a definitely a different feel with the trigger being different in a way that hard to pinpoint. I have a trigger finger and kinda found myself giving it to much throttle but it’s pretty smooth so far no cutouts or funny business in comparison to the old receiver :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is*

1 Like

So I had a interesting day…

5 Likes

Two links

3 Likes

Holy shit! Did you hit something? Ive never seen that before!!!

Didn’t hit anything it had a malfunction and hit the throttle all the way and it very violently was doing donuts and I couldn’t stop it. So I’m pretty nervous riding it now :grimacing: but it’s part of the risk we all take riding these boards. No idea what caused it.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Did the rods break or just come undone?

They broke

1 Like

That’s scary!

2 Likes

New fear unlocked

2 Likes

Inspecting them it looks like they bent very far before breaking.

The thinking is after full pin losing the rider, it went thrashing about taking shock loads while doing donuts and bouncing around at full pin. this torqued the main heim lose which allowed for increased rotation of the whole truck combined with more thrashing that eventually tweaked the radius rods.

2 Likes

Ok. Puts my mind at ease a bit. Cheers

1 Like

So checking the jam nut from time to time isn’t a bad idea :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like