2 x 6364 or 6374 motors

Those are too long for me… i need to fit 2 motors in 150 mm. those are like 80 something long. The turnigy sk8 6364 would work for me but they are out of stock rn. turnigy sk8 6374 are 80 mm long so wont work but are in stock. thanks tho

1 Like

What’s the consensus on Flipsky motors? @b264 has praised the TB 6380 motor in several threads and said he wouldn’t buy anything of lower quality essentially. I have a TB 6380 and it is great, unfortunately can’t use it for my dual motor mount. Wondering if 2 xTB 6355 would be a better decision than 2 x flipsky 6374. Wierd that TB is likely discontinuing their 6374

1 Like

This seems back in stock!!!
Love these. The bearings are pressed in which is rare. They used to be cheaper at like 60$ but still rather this even at the higher cost
https://www.nitrorcx.com/96m608-bigfoot160-5335-245kv.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw7pKFBhDUARIsAFUoMDa9mhgh8yI6WpNfNR_V7Jn2_e01Qv4TdUS6TbZAdZGOmccC5BC25gsaAg-REALw_wcB

1 Like

The group but batch arrives next week and there will be some spares

1 Like

I’m probably not the best guy to tell you what’s better
I would get TB over flipsky and the tacon are the old Enertion motors I think @b264 :thinking:
I just like shopping :rofl:

1 Like

Tacon are better than enertion. I’m pretty sure not the same.

1 Like

Yeah I just did some research I guess they were maytechs but he ordered enough to get his R-spec colors

I do want to try those Tacons some day

I swapped TB6380 out FOR TB6355 and they are nice, compact and powerful if you crank them up.

1 Like

those have good stats and look nice, but 245kv is very high. low torque right?

1 Like

interesting paul77, you do dual 6355? do you find them lacking for hills or braking? do they got hot relatively quickly because of the smaller size? thanks

2 Likes

I weight 190lbs, I have duals on and I run them at 85A’s and can go up any hill no hesitation (I live in KY and some are very STEEP). I run the brakes high and low both at -40 and brakes work really good. Hope that helped. My gearing is 2.78 so that helps with hills too IDK what gearing you have so that might play into your decision on motor size. They don’t really get that hot I can’t tell that much of a difference compared to the 80’s after a hard ride.

1 Like

Awesome man thanks, that might be my move… TB 6355 are only $90 each and I think they will be sufficient if I get my vesc settings right

1 Like

125.decent …build kit boards.

1 Like

I ran the tb6355 190kv all around Seattle on a 10s build. 70amps motor and regen. No issues at all in Seattle. Pulled up fine.

1 Like

almost positive they are the same motor haha

2 Likes

If you need help hollar at me.

1 Like

I don’t find that weird at all, the 6374 size is kinda odd, it’s limited in usefulness. If you want lightweight and small, you can’t go wrong with dual 6355. If you want bigger and more power, or a single drive, then you really want 6380/6384 or 63100. The 6374 is just kinda some middle size that’s IMHO not super useful.

If you care most about weight or cost or size, then 6355 beat 6374 all day long.

If you care most about power and performance, or have a single drive, then the 6380+ are where it’s at.

I don’t really see that large of a niche for 6374. Maybe if you want tons of power but can’t quite fit dual 6380? Or maybe if you’re doing a limited-cost single drive but for whatever reason find a used 6374 and decide to make it work. It’s a limited niche.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Your a helpful dude @Nacho !

2 Likes

It’s about all I’m good at and I try to be positive I do enjoy looking for shit it keeps my mind off my woman :rofl:

1 Like