2 questions regarding Stromcore and braking

Hello
I’m not a newb but I still don’t get all this VESCTool mess, soooo:

1 .Can I buy the VESCTool app for android and set my Stromcore without buying anything else?
2. My braking is way too strong, should I change the braking curve or decrease braking current?

Cheers
D.

Yes, and believe the give the .apk out for free just not via google play store.

If you think you may need that strong of brakes at some point then use the curve, imo.
If you know they will more than stop you, then I would lower the -motor amps.
I like to think of the motor amps as the push. You will want a good amount to hold you on a stop
but this is VESC so if you want it want it to be more of a slow down and never lock up you can make that happen. Curve and amps are your go to settings for this imo, so your smarter than you think.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot

One laste questin
I’m using Freesk8 App
I can’t find how to change of side when changing parameters, are the two sides done at the same time?

I dont use that app, but pretty sure you need to do both sides or at least check to confirm both match.

1 Like

@DerelictRobot should be able to help with the FreeSk8 app.
Dude is a Wizard!

1 Like

Maybe but I don’t see any way to switch side inside the app :stuck_out_tongue:

[EDIT]Nevermind, found it, thanks guys

1 Like

How can I smooth the start?

1 Like

Try to play with the curves here:

1 Like

That looks way too aggressive at the end of the throttle and like nothing at the start. I use -20% personally

2 Likes

I was just showing where the curves are, It’s a random internet picture :wink:

1 Like

Exponential, natural or polinomial?

I use natural, but use whatever you think best suits your needs!

1 Like

@longhairedboy
I had a notif that apparently you edited my first post
Out of curiosity, what was that? Can’t see anything changed

Category changed. I wasn’t sure if people were going to get notified or not, but if they are, mailgun is going to earn it’s fee this month.

I’ve started the ongoing process of re-organizing threads. There’s a new category for electronics with subcategories.

2 Likes

Oh nice, thanks for the explanation

1 Like