2 different FSESC 6.6 ESC's - differences?

Also flipsky’s website is now confusing the shit out of me because it says "includes antispark, don’t turn on without connecting LED

Where is this antispark if it’s not that switch, and what LED?

Then it shows this which I’m clueless on

Sorry IDK what that means.

Then it mentions antispark again but shows pic of mosfets highlighted?

This is taking some decoding for me I’m prolly just dumb but WHERE IS THE ANTISPARK?

Enlightenment incoming
For the antispark switch, you can search the flipsky site to see what they look like. They can sell them separately. As for the voltage switch on your esc it is simply meant for the sensors on the motors. Some need 3.3v and others need 5v. On my dual, I simply have both voltages in the connector. You can switch what yours gives out.

2 Likes

Is there any potential risk if I run the wrong V to my motors?

2 Likes

@whaddys If you’re lazy… this is the switch your esc can use to turn on and off the board

And this is an antispark

1 Like

Yes there is a risk but it’s usually specified in the spec sheet for the motors

1 Like

word up yeah I’m planning on doing loopkeys anyway I was just wondering what all this talk on the flipsky website was about “anti-spark” because the FSESC doesn’t actually come with an antispark lol

seems like “equipped for an antispark” is more accurate?

1 Like

No, equipped WITH antispark is accurate.

The non-‘simplify’ version does come with an antispark, that’s the 3 mosfets you have indicated.

the reason they tell you to not plug it in without the led is because the mosfet gates float, and that’s bad for the switch.

you can mitigate that with the resistor, but there’s not much reason to have one esc with an antispark and the other not, especially if you’re going to be using a loop-key as your on/off switch.

That’s where the suggestion comes in to just jump the switch.

you can do it more properly by bypassing the fets themselves, but the first is maybe a less stressful solution depending on your comfort level with soldering

photo and directions are courtesy of Gamer43

3 Likes

Hi,

I have the 6.6 with the antispark. I jumped the pins for the switch but one of the three mosfets pictured above came loose resulting in a shutdown of the whole esc. Will someone please provide some detail as to how I bypass the mosfets? What do I do?

Thanks a lot in advance!

-Jason

1 Like

I know it’s an old thread but I can really use some guidance. @aletheuo or @Gamer43
Any help is much appreciated!

Use hot air station

-Remove the three mosfets

-find suitable conducting material to bridge the pads with (leave the gate pads be).

I have had in mind doing this bypass on my fs6.6es for along time since I believed the antispark would be the first thing breaking on this esc. Perhaps that would avoid blowing up the pcb when it fails.
Never got around to it though.

2 Likes

@Fatglottis,

Thank you for your help!

So after removing all three mosfets, I could just solder on a piece of copper or something like that all the at across all three spots where the mosfets were? That wouldn’t cause a short?

Yes correct. The blue illustrates the pads on the pcb and the yellow is how it should be connected.

3 Likes

@Fatglottis,

Sorry for my idiotic questions, but can I put a piece of copper all the way across all of the pads, or should I place it on each pad individually to keep each pad separate? Thanks again!

1 Like

They’re already shorted together on the PCB, so you can connect them together with your bridging material

4 Likes

I did it and it works! Thanks for your help @Fatglottis & @Gamer43 !

3 Likes