11s bms and charger EU

Hi all. Please have You any idea where I can find in EU 11s bms ( just for bypass) and charger? Thank You a lot !!

For the BMS, you could short 2 pins on a 12S BMS.

I don’t think that works in a general case. The BMS would then see one P-group as 0V, which will trigger an undervoltage error. Some BMSes may not care but some will definitely refuse to charge.

1 Like

I recommend a Daly BMS along with a yz power charger. I’m sure others will say the same.

Still have this 11s 5A charger laying around.
Currently in Russia, but if everything goes well I fly on 20th to Germany and could send it from there.

Does have a xt90 as charge port, but could solder you an other port on if you need.
That’s not a problem.

2 Likes

For a charger check out meanwell’s HLG LED drivers. Adjustable voltage and current, no fan, and very reliable. I picked up a Meanwell HLG-185h-48A for $35 shipped on eBay a month ago. Voltage adjustable from 43-53v (11s ok). Great 4-5A charger.

1 Like

Thank You

Thank You. But in case that I will have no bms, I will not need it. I will contact You in case to buy it.

1 Like

Do not leave these connected to a pack for much longer than it takes to charge, as they do not cut off as current approaches zero to my knowledge. aka: they’re a trickle charger not a float charger

This is true and good advice, but the benefit of these HLG style chargers is that you can adjust the voltage to charge to only 80-90% to improve cycle life. If that’s the case, it may not matter if the HLG unit holds the pack at 4.05v

I’m not sure about this, but it may still be bad. @Battery_Mooch, do you know?

2 Likes

TBH, I do not know how much of a difference it makes to hold at 4.05V versus 4.20V. I can’t see it being okay though. If holding at 4.20V is bad then holding at 4.05V will just be less bad. Certainly not totally okay.

IMO it should just be SOP to disconnect the charger as soon as possible after charging is complete (or before that) no matter what you charge to. No need to go crazy about it, just as soon as convenient.

2 Likes

Some of the better chargers stop charging at 4.20V and don’t turn back on until the cell gets down to ~4.1V -ish and IMHO these chargers with hysteresis (aka “float” chargers) are fine to leave connected, assuming it doesn’t malfunction.

1 Like

Agreed, those chargers stop when the charge is complete.
The cells still age faster due to being at a high voltage all the time (which speeds up certain reactions n the cell) but it’s better than actively holding the cell at a high voltage.

1 Like

The best chargers in the world would telepathically know when you’re going to need to use them and magically start charging on their own so that it hits full charge right before you start using it.

Unfortunately magic hasn’t been invented yet. And, if it had been, then why not just have cells that never die.

1 Like

Ohhhhhh….magic has been around for a long time. But the nefarious industrial-esk8 complex has successfully suppressed this knowledge and development of products using magic. I’m convinced that the cell manufacturers are complicit too.

€ 31,21 8% Rabatt | 11S Lithium-Batterie PCB board und smart APP Bluetooth BMS mit 20 zu 60A konstanten entladestrom und UART kommunikation

2 Likes