100 mi to go.We’ve got a full tank of gas and a 1/2pk of cigarettes, Hit it. Or All I need is this paddle ball game,remote control, matches and this lamp.

Hello. Long time listener, first time caller here.
So this weekend I should have all of the parts to start my first build.
Or do I ?
I need a check list.
I need a check list to check against my check list.
If ya got a min, please take a look to see what I’m missing. Much obliged.
Thank you electric shredsled Brothers n Sisters

Grip tape
Haero Bro 96 Mountainboard Deck
LaCroix hypertruks w/wheels, bearings, hardware, bushings
LaCroix 6389 - 190kv motors
12s3p 40T & charger
Foc Box unity
Vx2 remote
Battery,esc,and remote all from MBoards. Assuming remote receiver and all connecting cables needed come with.
Kydex w/mounting hardware. Gonna make enclosure
Clear sealant
Double sided tape / Velcro
1/8” thick 1/2” wide foam rubber tape for enclosure gasket.

Hopefully I can avoid gazing at the shiny new ride for a month because of forgotten cord, some connectors or a damn ol’ flux capacitor that can handle 20,000 jigga watts without blowing all to hell.

8 Likes

Looks fine to me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Make sure you don’t run out if epoxy, tin and heat shrinks :v:
Also some double sided tape or velcro to secure the stuff inside of the enclosure/on the deck would save you some trouble ultimately

3 Likes

Thank you for your time

2 Likes

Right on. I’ve got some sealant for enclosure stuff. What do I need epoxy for?
Thank you for your time

I don’t see any pulleys or motor mounts?
Forgot to list them?

Yep, got em. Thanks, need a quick edit

1 Like

You will have to check those yourself. Not all motors and escs come with the same connectors.

1 Like

To seal the connectors / charging port / loopkey onto the enclosure,
That’s always something that comes handy anyway, better have some at home when you start building stuff

1 Like

Oh, trur that ad well, always have some extra set of xt60, xt90 and all size of jst connectors

2 Likes

Your not making your enclosure out of kydex are you?

So you’re spending a lot of money on an expensive deck, expensive trucks, expensive motors.
Yet saving money on a small battery (even though Mboards probably charges a lot of money for it)
Saving money on a unity whilst a v6 hardware esc would ride much smoother.
Picked an unreliable remote.

Some rebalancing would probably net you a lot more comfort, range and reliability.
Shame you got all those parts already.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the diy kydex. Unless your very well practiced with that process (which you could be), I’d expect that to look a bit average alongside the bro and hyper trucks quality…

2 Likes

You have huge motors and a very limiting battery. I advise you look in the Barry’s a bit more and there max discharge current, volt drop and capacity at high loads.

2 Likes

I’m no expert with my Flisky ESC 6.6 and DIY battery pack(thats holding up so far) but It was all good until Mboards was mentioned from some stories I’ve read Mboards isn’t the most trustable Esk8 vendor out there, but maybe that pack is good I said maybe and will put our trust on it if thats the case…

Anyways! Welcome to the Community man :smiley:

2 Likes

What connects the motor to the wheels?

It’s very mutch all the top end branded toys on show with the bottom of the range bits hidden inside.

2 Likes

Well I don’t know where this specific unity come from, but old game unity were one of the best dual esc we had so far.
Anx for the vx2, if it’s not the best of the best it’s still a good remote for the price, i haven’t seen much people complain about it

3 Likes

Had, the thing is a few years old by now. Stateside a few dollars more gets you dual TB6’s and once you’ve ridden V6 hardware you don’t want to go back.

You got your sunglasses brother?

2 Likes

Really ? Where do you see that difference ?
I’ve got a set of makerx based on vesc6 and a maytech one aswell, i can’t tell i felt any significant improvement over the unity.

Ok it’s not the highest quality hardware, and i don’t have any build over 12s, but still…

2 Likes