‘The Wingtip’ | 10-pound commuter

the real question is can I make it out of the random crap I have, and could it be 3-D pritned. :laughing:

Yeah, that’s why I was saying some Mag Light skate trucks and unlimited hubs. Probably going to be lighter than a single belt drive on some esk8 trucks.

1 Like

I personally would just go with a higher-strength aluminum alloy, and an optimized geometry to improve the stiffness/mass ratio.

Titanium is significantly (1.5x) heavier than aluminum, and only about twice as strong as 7075. Basically yes you get a little extra strength per mass, but add a very significant amount of cost.

5 Likes

you can take arcboard as a reference

2 Likes

@Linny

Single drive, small pack like a 10s2p would be enough, and a carbon fiber deck, why not?

This is my DIY, 10s2p 30Q, single flipsky 4.12, and a TB 6374 190kv, on caguamas.

Weight is 6kg.

6 Likes

How about adding a Capacity bank with 1 way diodes and resistors slow charge quick discharge to compensate for the lack of amps

Would give you the amps to pull off well

The voltage drop across diodes mean they are going to burn off a lot of energy as heat, unfortunately.

So a inductor and diode in parallel conected to a capacitor bank that’s T off from the main ESC input wouldn’t work to smote out the burst the battery sees?

I got my inner Chiled to make up my first electronic circuit

I call it respectable fridge art

You might be better off with only the capacitor physically close to the ESC FETs

The voltage drop across the diode is going to be a huge problem for that setup.

My consent is with the vesc pulling amps and the capacitors that’s a higher load on the battery defeating the objective

Unfortunately, this cool idea cannot be used that simply, since there is no parameter in vesc tool like “max energy overcurrent mode”, but that would be cool though.

Moreover, maximum energy stored in vesc caps, for example, is 2.5J, that can give me additional 70ma for 1 second @ 36V. Not that much at all. But still this is as cool as Williams’ flywheel.

1 Like

Update on the weight reduction:

-6g on the unused sensors as @b264 suggested:

1 Like

Drill holes in the trucks baseplate

1 Like

I should point out unloaded faces.
What faces you would suggest?

Actually, chose the smaller wheel is the factor

2 Likes

Don’t you find riding an ev with 70mm wheels kinda scary?

83mm wheels are capable to ride over some obstacles, but nothing significant. 70mm are 20% even worser if you look at the curvature.

83s with spokes weight roughly 25% more than 70s without them, so that is the price that you pay for it.

Moreover, these 25 percents result only in 170g which I wish to carry with me to save me from falling.

Any shortboard/small builds, i’d go with Caguamas, Kegels minimum

4 Likes

Lol please don’t do this.
This reminds me of those crazy bikers that religiously weigh every single hair on their bike to shave weight

1 Like